SILICONE WATER REPELLENT FOR MASONRY
Waterstopper S-5 is a ready to use, penetrating, colorless, non-yellowing, breathable water repellent sealant designed primarily for application to brick and block masonry, in addition to natural stone, concrete, and cement based grouts. Waterstopper S-5 is made from an inorganic, R.T.V. based silicone rubber that cannot be attacked, broken down, or removed by the same elements which can degrade typical organic based sealers. Surfaces treated with Waterstopper S-5 are protected against the damaging effects of water intrusion, freeze-thaw exposure, efflorescence formation, de-icing chemicals, acid rain, and airborne impurities without altering the appearance or texture of the treated substrate. Waterstopper S-5 is recommended primarily for exterior uses, however it can be applied to interiors safely with adequate ventilation and related respiratory protective measures.
- Excellent water repellency & wind driven rain protection
- Penetrating formula dries to a natural (no sheen) finish
- Liquified silicone rubber composition exhibits elongation & helps bridge hairline cracks in the mortar
- Does not yellow or harden with age
- High permeability rate allows substrate breathability (moisture vapor transmission)
- Applies in a single, one coat application